The Chocolate & Books Holiday
This time of the year is all about chocolate and reading! For those going on holidays I have put together some reading recommendations of books I have come across recently.
For those hiding under a rock, the Children’s Book Council of Australia (CBCA) shortlists and notables came out today. You can check them out here. You could always hunt them down as well as the ones I have listed below.
Some Holiday Reading Suggestions:
- Ships in the Night by Susanne Gervay & Anna Pignataro
- Sam the Cat by Sam Bowring & Andrew McLean
- The new Ghost Club series by Deborah Abela
- The Alice Miranda books by Jacqueline Harvey
- Punchlines, the new book by Oliver Phommavanh
- The Children of the King by Sonya Hartnett
- Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler
- The Hunger Games series by Susanne Collins
- Uglies series by Scott Westerfel
- Anything by Patrick Ness
I have just read a string of really engaging books, including:
- What the Family Needed by Steven Amsterdam (plus he will be at this year’s Sydney Writers’ Festival)
- The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach (plus he will also be at this year’s Sydney Writers’ Festival)
- Dogboy by Eva Hornung
- The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga
Happy reading everyone.