The Next Big Thing
Lots of towns in Australia have built big things to draw in tourists – for example: the Big Banana in Coffs Harbour, the Big Merino in Goulburn and the Big Pineapple in Woombye. Have you ever wondered what you would build if you got to design your own town?
If not, it’s time you did. I have developed a fictitious town known by the locals as Lufftown, and in Lufftown we have a number of big things …
A List of Big Things in Lufftown
- The Big Book (very difficult to read at the breakfast table, even worse than a newspaper)
- The Big Chocolate Bar (a new one has to be made every day because the locals keep eating it)
- The Big Chop Stick (also known as a telegraph pole)
- The Big 5 Cent Coin (I cleverly made this out of a 20 cent coin)
- The Big Nose (this one isn’t actually a monument, it belongs to Mr Schmult, the mayor of Lufftown)
I have to go now because I’m doing a book signing at Lufftown Primary School – they love me there.